Table of Contents
There are many rice recipes around the world but this Mexican rice recipe is one of the famous because it is served as a side dish all over. Mexican rice recipe is majorly cooked in Mexico and Spain but in both places this recipe is known by different names. It’s one of the famous side dishes there. In Mexico, this dish is popular with the names of Mexican rice, Red rice or Arroz Rojo, whereas in Spain it is known by Spanish rice. Since it is a side dish so many other countries also prepare this in their meals. We can say that it is mouthwatering as a side dish with steaks and grilled chicken or beef. Once you get done with its recipe, you can enjoy this delicious Mexican rice recipe any time and where ever you want with your friends and family. You will never regret learning this, we assure you that!
How to Make Mexican Rice? We will Guide You!
Home-based Mexican Rice recipe is greatly more appetizing and healthy than the one your get somewhere from market or restaurant. This Mexican Rice recipe will turn out to be amazing every time! Soft, appetizing, and it is a great side dish to any Mexican or other recipes according to your taste. You will be needing simple general and easily accessible ingredients and flavors. Another bonus point is that there is no need for any kind of chopping! The main ingredient that is used in the Mexican rice are tomatoes that give them the red color. Also, in Mexico, they add peas and carrots in Mexican Rice. It is completely on the preference of an individual. This recipe is normally made with white rice.
So, there are many methods and techniques through which you can make Mexican Rice. Here we will tell guide step by step by providing you with the easy Mexican Rice recipe. It is super easy to make it at home. And it is up to you if you choose to make it veggie or not.
It is completely perfect for a gathering. This Mexican Rice recipe is going to take approximately of 1 hour. And it is for 7-8 people. It can easily be distributed among your friends and family!
Mexican Rice Ingredients- Easily Available Anywhere!
All you required are simple ingredients that we are sure many of us at all times have on hand. Here is the list note them down. We exceedingly suggest basmati rice for this simple Mexican Rice recipe. Not exclusively basmati rice flaunts a light nutty flavor however basmati grains are long and thin like other white rice yet they concoct lighter and fluffier. The individual grains stay unmistakable when cooked as opposed to staying together which implies no more clumpy or soft rice! Basmati Rice likewise warms excellent in view of the particular grains so the rice stays similarly as cushioned on day 2!
- 1 (28-ounce) peeled tomatoes, which makes like medium size 7 to 8 tomatoes.
- 1 medium onion, peeled.
- 2 cups less salted chicken broth.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt- depends on your taste.
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin.
- 1/3 cup cooking oil.
- 2 cups long grain white rice.
- 1 teaspoon chili peppers or chili powder
- 4 to 5 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro.
- 2 medium lemons.
Make sure to blend all these ingredients in food processor or whatever the technique you are using to blend them, otherwise, it would not give the proper taste and vegetables might remain uncooked.
Must See Our Today Dinner Recipe: Irresistible Chicken Fried Rice Recipe!
Method to Cook Mexican Rice- Mexican Rice in Cooker
It is an easy procedure generally. Since the pressure cooker is an object that is available in every house that is why today we will guide you making these rice in pressure cooker. Also, in a pressure cooker the ingredients take less time to blend in. With the help of this recipe, you can easily learn different ways to cook Mexican rice by adding or subtracting ingredients. And if someone does not like cilantro, you can simply add onion juice in it because we have figured that many people don’t like cilantro.
- The first step is to wash rice properly in order to make fluffy and perfect rice. Also, if they are perfectly washed they would not stick together.
- Warm oil in the pressure cooker.
- Select sauté on a pressure cooker, when it peruses “hot” include vegetable oil and onions, sauté 2 – 3 minutes. Include garlic and sauté 30 seconds longer (if utilizing garlic powder include alongside different flavors).
- Press cancel at that point pour in chicken broth, water, tomato sauce, stew powder, cumin, cayenne pepper and season with salt and pepper to taste, mix. Blend in rice.
- Secure the top, ensure the valve is set to “fixing” position, select manual (or high weight) and 4 minutes cook time.
- At the point when the cook time closes, turn the pressure cooker and let the weight release normally for 10 – 15 minutes
- When steaming stops wrap up the brisk weight release strategy as per producers directions. Lighten rice with a fork and serve them warm to enjoy it!